Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wedding Damask

Wow, I feel like it's been forever since my last post!  It kind of has been.  I should probably change my 'quote of the month' to 'quote of the quarter'!  LOL.  Good news is I think I might be moving back into my 'refreshed' craft room pretty soon!  It has been a long process but well worth it.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Anyways, back to my main reason for posting: Damask & Brocade Challenge at Moxie Fab!  I love the elegance of a damask pattern...  When asked to do a wedding card, I thought it would be the perfect card to incorporate the damask pattern.  I wanted the card to be simple, yet elegant.  Here it is (sorry for the quality of the pictures; I've been having lighting issues):



I used the pale blue damask paper since it looks very soft and elegant, and the blue reminded me of the "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" wedding saying.  The paper is also a bit shimmery so I layered in a shimmery silver panel. 

 In order to frame the damasked shape I  added little pearls around it.  Pearls have this elegant simplicity about them so I thought they would be a nice touch.  I wanted the bigger pearls to stand out for more than their size, so I colored them with a Copic Marker (B21).  It was just the right amount of blue! 


The "On your wedding day' is stamped with shimmery silver ink (Memento Brilliance).  I did not catch that on the picture.  The inside greeting shows it a little better.  

Here's a picture of the inside of the card: 

I have to admit, originally I was going to stamp the greeting directly on the card, but it came out a little slanted and it looked sooo plain.  So I decided to use the same layering I used on the front of the card, but instead of silver and white, I layered blue and white.  I also added a thin damask side panel (left over from the shape I cut out for the front) that brings the elegance inside the card yet keeps it simple.  And this time I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure the greeting came out straight!  He, he. 


Well, I hope you enjoyed the visit.  Thanks for stopping by! 

Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment