Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Owl Miss You

Hello, friends!  Today I'm posting a card for Stamp TV's Monday Challenge, hosted by the talented Melissa Cash.  This time it is a sketch challenge with a twist to use fall colors.  Here is the sketch:


Sometimes I have a hard time seeing beyond the sketch… So I decided I wanted to find a way, even if small, to change it up in some way. 


Instead of using the long vertical rectangle, I decided to use three narrow strips of scrap paper, placed closed together to make one rectangular shape.  To add interest I cut the bottom in chevron style and replicated the same idea for the flag on the front panel.  I also added texture by embossing the background panel.  Little secret: I actually had it embossed from another project I never used it for!  What doesn't work for one project will work for another so save everything! 

Materials List 

Paper:  Gina K Designs (GKD) Pure Luxury 120 lb Ivory, Tomato Soup, Honey Mustard, Dark 
            Chocolate, and printed paper from Sunkissed Autumn kit

Stamps: Owl and sentiment from GKD Sunkissed Autumn kit

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Morocco

Markers: Copic E31 & E35

Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy

Thank you so much for visiting!

Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment