Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Monday, October 8, 2012

Grateful Heart

Hello, crafty friends!  It's been a while since my last post…  Busy bee over here!  Not complaining, though…  Anyways, today I want to share a card I made for StampTV's World Card Making Day Challenge.  I'm entering kind of late but, hey, I made it!  LOL  On that note, I can't believe I made no cards, zero, cero, nada… on World Card Making Day.  But sometimes other things take precedence and so for me, today is my personal World Card Making Day, and for card making I am grateful!

For this challenge Gina is challenging us to do a faux layer card, meaning the card looks like it has layers bit it really doesn't.  It's a pretty cool technique, you can check it out on the challenge post.  Here is my card:



I used distress inks to make the 'layers', and stamped the images with Versamark ink before distressing over them. I created the shape from the focal image with Spellbinders Labels 1 (the largest one on the set).  The stamps are from the Gina K Designs Fall Foliage set.

I'm keeping it short and sweet today.  I have an early morning and feeling pretty tired, so I'm retiring to my bed!  Thanks for stopping by!


Have a bright day!
Aixa

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant yet soft, bold and serene - what a darling card Aixa!!!

    ReplyDelete