Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Birthday Birdie

Hello, again!  Just posting couple of cards before I go to bed here…  This one I made for two challenges: Stamp TV's Friday Challenge and Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger.  STV's Friday challenge was CASE the DT, this time Suzanne Dean.  I love Suzanne's cards and her coloring is out of this world!  I actually signed up for a class with her when she came to Florida but unfortunately it was cancelled...I'm hoping she returns by the end of the year… (sigh) I thought of taking her online classes but then again, would love to meet her!  Let's see what I end up doing…

Anywho…  Here is Suzanne's card I chose to CASE:


Love the layers on her cards so I just had to try it!

Here's the trigger picture:


And here's my card, inspired by the two:


I used kind of the same layering as Suzanne's card but changed the layout a bit.  The color palette came from the trigger, as well as the flag banner.  Since the trigger is about celebration and the card is so festive, I made the card a birthday one. 

Hope you enjoyed your visit.  Thanks for stopping by!

Have a bright day!
Aixa


3 comments:

  1. Love the paper piecing you did on the bird - adds so much to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheery card! Love your sweet and fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aixa! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete