Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lovely Roses

Hello!  I've been working on a few cards and a post on my new craft room so I'll try to do a few posts  today...  If I fall asleep I'll finish tomorrow!  LOL

This one is a card I made for a Stamp TV challenge that was due today.  I finished it last night and was so tired I submitted but did not post on the blog.  Anyhow, I thought it was worthwhile posting it, even if the challenge is over.

The challenge was to make a card featuring your favorite color rose, green, and a neutral color, for a total of three colors.  My favorite color rose is yellow and orange so I as at a dilemma with the 3 color limit.  But then again, it's 'your favorite color rose'...  So here's the card:


I used orange and green for my 'favorite color rose', green on the leaves, and chose ivory as a neutral color.  To bring out the orange on the flower, I used orange matting.  I colored the roses with Copics (Y15, Y38, YR 02, YR04, YR07).  It was a bit of a challenge to find this combination but  it was so much fun to try different colors and finding a blend I was comfortable with!  In the end it was all good... Lori is such a gracious host and really liked the card, so I'm happy!  

And there you have a CAS post for a CAS card!  Thanks for stopping by!

Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment