Ok, this is my third post tonight and I'm getting sleepy so I think I'll stop for today! Be sure to check my previous post (I share my experience in 'sprucing-up' my craft room and have blog candy!)
So this post is for a card I made for MoxieFab's Stamp It! Cards Week. There are five different ones and this one is called "The Love Card Challenge". We have to make a love card using stamping as the main technique. Stamping? Card? Definitely the perfect 'love' combination! Here's my card:
For the main image I stamped two separate flowers: one red, one pink. I used a Spellbinders die to cut out a circle from the pink flower. I then used a heart punch to cut out hearts in a circular pattern. To ensure I had a decent 'heart circle', here's what I did:
- Stamp an extra pink flower and randomly punch out hearts. The way I punched them I only got 4 and then used them on the inside of the card).
- On the circle to be used on the card, cut one heart out and turn the circle around.
- Place the heart punch-outs from step 2 as shown
- Trace top of hearts with pencil
- Use the tracing to line up punch and you'll get a perfect pattern!
- Save the heart punch outs from step 5 to incorporate in design.
Once the circle with the pink flower had the hearts punched out I adhered it over the red flower in a way the flower image is not disrupted.
I really wanted the card to say "I love you to pieces" because it goes so well with the design. Only problem was I don't have a stamp with that sentiment and I did not want to print it on the computer since the main technique for this challenge is stamping. Then I remembered I had a little set of alphabet stamps so I made my own sentiment! To line the letters up I lightly traced a straight line with a ruler and erased it when done.
That's my love card, friends. And thank you Cath for another great challenge! This is the first challenge I participate on since you're back from surgery so I was feeling the love for the Moxie Fab World! What can I say but: "Love you to pieces!"
Have a bright day!