Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Underwater Birthday

Hello!  Long time no "see"!  I've been falling behind on my blogging, again!   I am done with the little details in my new craft room and I have to say I love it!  I still have one wall I want to dress up a little bit but I'm in no hurry.  The other 3 walls are done and the work space is done, so I'm good!  Stay tuned; I'll be posting before and after pics, along with some organization tips I used!

And back to the post, today I'm posting a card I made for Stamp TV's Monday Challenge (Hot and Cool), together with My Craft Spot's Challenge (Hot Summer Colors).  Being the two are kind of similar I made a card fit for both challenges.  The Hot and Cold challenge was to use 'hot' colors in a cool setting.  So I decided to create a birthday card using bright summery colors, in an underwater setting.  The card is for a cute little boy so the bright colors are right on- I made the theme an underwater birthday party.  Here's the card:


The DP from Gina K Designs is perfect for the ocean so I used that as the background, then added the stamped images.  I traced the sea horse with orange metallic pen, and then colored part of it with a clear sakura pen.  To make it more kid-friendly and festive, I cut out a triangle from the same DP I used for the flag banner and used it as a birthday hat!  I also use the sakura pen to delineate the shells (4 for his 4th birthday) and also on the castle.  I used copics to color the images.

Well, my friends, that's it for today.  Thank you for stopping by! I will see you soon with posts from my craft room!  Come back and visit!


Have a bright day!
Aixa


3 comments:

  1. I cant post to your STV page, but wanted to thank you for your comment on my card! I love your card- very different and very fun. TFL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, I love the little sea horse. Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! The little banner is a lovely touch!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete