Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Wedding Bells

Hi, there!  Hope your week was off to a good start!  I had a great day today: This is the last week of school and my daughter had her "Move-up" ceremony.  She had such a great year and has learned so much...  Now it's off to first grade...  It seems like she was born the other day!  (Sigh...)

Anyways, I've been working on a couple of wedding cards, and it was the perfect week to do so as Stamp TV's Friday Challenge is to make a wedding card!   The  card I made last week is white, silver, and light blue, so I wanted to make something a little different, but still elegant.  Here's the card:


 I felt like doing some kind of embossing and decided to experiment with letterpress using the 'Rebecca' Cuttlebug embossing folder.  To make the embossing stand out and still be elegant, I chose to ink the folder up with  Memento's Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink.  Then I distressed over the embossing with Tim Holtz distress inks Antique Linen and Tea Dye.  One thing I liked was that when I was distressing over the embossed folder, the dauber picked up the shimmer of the Brilliance ink and spread it neatly all over the card as I distressed.  It added just a hint of shimmer without being overpowering.   Last, I used Memento's Brilliance Cosmic Copper to stamp the bells image (GKD 'With this Ring').
  
 I added some layers of 'gold' and 'copper' papers to tie-in the colors used on the image and embossing.  At the top of the card I stamped the sentiment with the same ink I used for the embossing folder and added a little bling to balance the card out.  I also added some bling on the bells.

Since the outside of the card is so elegant, I decided to dress up the inside just a little bit:



I have to say, I'm loving the Memento Brilliance inks!  The shimmer they have is just right and work great to dress up your project without heat embossing.  

That's it for today!  Thanks for stopping by!  

Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment