Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Brilliant!

Hello, there!  Hope you're having  a brilliant week!  And if not, I hope this card brightens you up a bit because you are brilliant no matter how your day is going!  Funny today my day started little blah but I was conscious enough to notice what was bothering me and say: You know what? I am not letting anything take away my possibilities of making this a great day!  Sometimes little nagging situations can eat up our enthusiasm if we let them.  Lets not!  Lets shine on!

So my experience today was so perfect for the card I am posting.  I am making this card for  the StampTV Monday Challenge .  The challenge is to pick what inspires you from the picture and create a project.  My inspiration came from the lamp and the colors green, orange, and blue.  Here is my card:


I just could not resist paper piecing the lamp shade or cutting out the panel edges to match the shape of the lamp shade!  You can't see it very well on this picture but I 'colored' the green parts of the vase with a Sakura clear pen for some shimmer.  To add dimension to the card and some interest to the focal image I cut an oval out of the front panel and then mounted it on dimensional squares.  Here is  a better view of the dimension of the card: 


Materials list:
Card Stock: GKD Pure Luxury 120lb white, GKD Jelly Bean Green, Patterned paper from DCWV  
                    Citrus Stack
Stamps: GKD Lighthearted Wishes by Tammy Mayberry
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Copic YR02, Y38, YG03
Others: Clear Sakura pen, Spellbinders large ovals for panel cut-out (I used the second largest)


Well, that is my card for today!    I will be back on Friday, August 17 with a post for Sean and Regina's Blog Hop!  I am so excited to participate on this hop with so many talented card designers!  In addition to inspiration for the fall season, there will also be blog candy!  So come back on Friday to find out what it's all about and join in all the fun!

On a final note, I will say this (not only for you but for myself): Remember you are brilliant no matter the circumstances.  No one or nothing can take your shine away unless you give them permission to...


Have a bright day!
Aixa

1 comment:

  1. Aixa, this is just perfect! I will definitely be trying this in the future! Great card :) You know, your attitude is refreshing! I used to tell my kids everyday prior to their going to school 'remember that no one can ruin your day without your permission'. Now and then, they remind me how much that one sentence (that I sorta stole from Mrs. Roosevelt) meant to them! Great outlook!

    ReplyDelete