Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Birthday Numbers - Originally Posted 1/12/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 



"Happy New Year!!!  A little belated...  It's been ages since I last posted anything or even blogged.  Christmas time was busy.  I made a few of cards before the holidays but never got around posting them! I did have a wonderful Christmas!  My family came over and my daughter was so excited about Santa and the Three Kings (it's a hispanic celebration I like to keep to remember when the Three Kings brought presents to baby Jesus).   Anyhow, I had a lot going on for the holidays and just now getting a little back to normal.

In the spirit of the new year, I  want to work on balancing my life a little more.  It's kind of hard to keep the balance, especially when there's a lot going on.  So this year I would like to keep things in perspective, look at the big picture, and keep more balance in my life.  I'll let you know how that goes!

Enough of me and on with card making!  This card is for the Tuesday Trigger challenge at Moxie Fab World.  Here's a picture of the trigger:


And here's my card:


My inspiration came from the numbers (pretty easy to tell!)  I loved how they are scrambled in all different sizes and colors!  With my dad's birthday coming up, I thought a number background would be perfect for his card.  On this particular paper from DCWV Grade School Stack, some of the numbers are in metallic red (it's not too clear the picture), so I picked a metallic red paper as the first layer of the card.  For the candle I used stamp markers to color the stamp in.  On the flame I applied orange first, red second (towards the bottom), and lastly strokes of yellow to blend it all in.  

Well, that's all for today!  Hope to be back soon with more projects!

Thanks for stopping by! "


Have a bright day!

Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment