Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pocket-Envelope Card - Originally Posted 1/24/12



This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

"Hello again!  Another post today!  This one is for Stamp TV's Monday Challenge calling for a red Pocket/Envelope card.   I've never made one of those so I took on the challenge!  Here's my card:


Here's another picture with the card inside.  The hearts should have look the other way but I could not make them that way with the puncher I had.  Could be interpreted as "head over heels" for you!  LOL.
I think it still looks good!

Instructions on how to make the pocket are on the post for the challenge (I linked above).  I used a Fiskars  punch/emboss combo punch to decorate the corners on the pocket and card.  I liked the idea of punching out the hearts and having the red background so that's how I came up with the idea of punching out the hearts on the card. 

I wanted to keep it simple with the sentiment since the background is so heavy with letters.  I also wanted to make use of the hearts I punched out so I thought it would be cute to do the "I {heart}U" on the red squares.  To add a little spark I placed the red rhinestone on the heart.  

List of Materials:
Gina K Designs Red Hot Pure Luxury Cardstock
Craft Cardstock
Printed Paper from Martha Stewart's "In Key and Heart" Mat Pad
Fiskars Ivy Blossom Combo Punch
Recollections Small Heart Punch
Memento Lady Bug Ink
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
Red Rhinestone
Craftsmart's "From the Heart" stamp (125530)
Martha Stewart's Custom Stamp Kit (for the "I" and "U")

Hope you like the card and decide to make your own!  Join the challenge at Stamp TV!  

Thanks for stopping by!" 
Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment