Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Cure for the Winter Blues - Originally Posted 3/4/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

"Happy Sunday to all!  Back this week with a post for MoxieFab's Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge.  The inspiration images are so great I was pulled into the challenge!  Now, the challenge does call for the use of navy blue as the 'star of the show'...  I incorporated navy blue but also other shades of blue.  Here's my card:


I wanted to create a simple card where the blue really stood out.  I embossed the swirls  and then distressed with sky blue and navy blue inks.  It's hard to see on the picture but I also added traces of white glitter to the swirls.  I did this by sponging clear glue and sprinkling the glitter on it.   It's a very subtle sparkle that does not overpower the card, which is just what I wanted!

The flower I made out of tissue paper in two shades of blue.  I intercalated the shades to get some depth on the colors of the flower.  I also used the colors of the flower on the ribbons and sentiment.


As you can see on the side view, I lined up the card with blue paper on the inside and stamped some roses at the bottom.  I wanted the stamp to be subtle so I used an ink just a few shades darker than the paper.  


Hope you liked my post today.  Thanks for stopping by!" 
Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment