Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Shirt Card - Originally Posted 2/20/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

 "Hello, everyone!  Today I realized my dad's birthday is on Saturday and I had not made a card or bought a present yet! And I have to mail it; yikes!  So I got him some shirts like the ones he likes, and when it came to the card, I thought My Craft Spot's Challenge 45 gave me the perfect opportunity to make something special for him.  : )

The challenge is to make a birthday shape card.  I had never made a shape card before but I liked the idea so I jumped in!  Actually I've been jumping in lately with new techniques - love it!  Anyway, since my dad likes plaid shirts, and that's actually what I got him for his birthday, I decided to make a shirt card!  Here's how it turned out:


(He likes blue and luckily I had this plaid pattern paper that is just perfect!)



I did not have a template for the shirt so I made my own.  The hardest part for me was the collar.  But then my sewing skills kicked in and I remembered what the collar pattern looks like when I'm cutting one out of fabric.  I had to add the pocket because my dad likes a pocket on his shirt.  I then thought the stitching would be a nice touch.  Lastly I added the buttons and stamped the greeting on the pocket (I thought it would be cute).  

And that's my card for today!  I hope Dad likes it!  It really looks 'like' him!  

Hope you enjoyed the visit.
Thanks for stopping by!"  
Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment