Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Napkin Rings - Originally Posted 3/5/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 



"Hello!  Today I'm posting a pair of napkin rings for Stamp TV's Friday Challenge.  I've never made them (instructions on the referenced post) and thought they were so cute I had to join in!  Here's my little set:


I used paper to cover the cardboard tube but you can use other materials.  The cool thing is I just got this little paper stack from K&E Company that is adhesive...  I thought it would be perfect to use on for this project as it sticks perfectly to the cardboard ring on every inch.  To make the closing ends stick a little stronger I placed some extra strong tape (like scor-tape) on the 'seam' and then adhered the medallion on top.  

Want to hear something ironic?  I have no cloth napkins...  I went crazy over the rings but no cloth napkins to use them with!  Granted I could use just regular napkins, but I wanted to use a cloth one to showcase the rings...  So I got this handkerchief which doubles as my daughter's doll's blanket!  LOL.  I could not believe how nice it looks with the napkin ring! It's like they were made for each other!  LOL.  Take a look:


I'm thinking my daughter will confiscate the napkin rings for tea parties!  He, he.  Oh, well, I guess I have an excuse to make more rings and get cloth napkins (or handkerchiefs)!  LOL 

Anyways, this is my little project for today.  Hope you like!  Have a great week! 

Until next time, "

Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment