Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Movie Birthday - Originally Published 9/2/11

This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one!

"Today I’m posting a birthday card I made for my brother.  He’s in the film industry so I made that the theme of the card. I went with gray and black because they are the colors on his present, and he loves black.



Anyway, the sketch is by Lynn from Cute Card Thursday.  I saw it and thought it would be perfect for this card.  I did not make the card on time for the Cute Card Thursday challenge, but I made it so I could use it for another challenge at Stamp TV.

The challenge calls for stamping only a sentiment.    The movie board is a clipart picture and I just customized it with birthday information.  I stamped the “Happy Birthday” sentiment with embossing ink and then embossed with silver powder (doesn't show too much on the picture), which turned out nice with the silver studs on the opposite corner. 

Once I made the card, I was thinking of what type of envelope I could make, since it’s not a conventional size card.  Then I thought of making a pocket on the outside of the bag to insert the card.  It actually serves two purposes: making the bag a little more interesting, and actually holding the card!  I used the same ‘feel’ of the card to decorate the bag, and voila: gift bag-card set!  



Thanks for stopping by! "



Have a bright day!

Aixa


No comments:

Post a Comment