Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

So Sweet - Challenge Bonanza! - Originally Posted 2/1/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

 "Hello! Today I'm posting a card as part of what I decided to call a "Challenge Bonanza"!  There are so many challenges I wanted to participate on and so limited time to work on projects that I ended up combining FOUR challenges in one card!  That's a first for me!

Initially I was going to combine the challenges from Stamp TV's Monday Challenge and Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger.   Those two meshed in my head fairly easy so I decided to combine them.  Then I came across Card Pattern's Sketch 150...  I was kind of working on a sketch for the card I had in mind, but hey, why not use this sketch... Hmmm....  There's also My Craft Spot's Monday challenge.  I just discovered this blog last week and I liked it a lot so I definitely wanted to participate.  And then I realized the theme was "Anything Goes".  Well, I took that to heart!  LOL!  Therefore my Challenge Bonanza!

I had so much fun making this card!  Here's the trigger picture (Moxie Fab) for the card:


Is that delicious or what! Forget the card,  I was inspired to go to the bakery, that's what happened!  LOL!  

Here's Sketch 150 (Card Patterns):


The Stamp TV Challenge called for the use of pearls, and My Craft Spot's challenge was "anything goes".  Here's my card combining all four challenges:



Most of my inspiration came from the trigger:  the rich and bright colors, the crisp doili, the edible pearls on the cake, the cake itself, and the overall yumminess (is that a word?  I tend t make them up every now and then!) of the image!  

I really liked the sketch from Card Patterns.  You'll notice I rotated it to a 'portrait' position.  Since I really wanted to incorporate a doily in the card, I decided to use one in place of the square diamond in the center of the sketch.  Also, instead of the bow by the square, I used a mini tag with the sentiment, and ran the ribbon through one of the openings on the doily.  I'm learning to use sketches as guides more than a rule.  Don't be afraid to switch some elements and kind of give it 'your own take'.

I really wanted the image to be a cake and I had these cupcake stamps from Ink s Dink s Clings that were perfect!  I thought it would be cute to paper piece the cupcake paper cup with the same paper I used on the card.  I think it adds interest to the image.  

By the way, the patterned paper came from "The Sweet Matstack" from DCWV.  It's a fun pack with lots of fun, yummy patterns!  Yummy is the key word for this card!  The rich brown cardstock is from Gina K. Designs and I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder to give it some texture and add to the card the same richness in texture and layering as the cake on the trigger.  

The final details were the pearls and I thought the perfect place for them was around the doily.  For some contrast I added a chocolate brown pearl to the sentiment.  

Here's another view of the card so you can see the different layers and textures: 


Well, that's it for today!  Hope you enjoyed the Challenge Bonanza as much as I did!



Thanks for stopping by! " 
Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment