Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Challenge 200 - Music and Dance - Originally Posted 1/24/12

This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one!

"Hello, there!  Hope you're having wonderful week!   Today I'm posting a card for Cute Card Thursday's Music & Dance Challenge.  The card I'm posting I made a while back but I've never posted it and thought it would be perfect for this challenge.  I made it for my daughter as a surprise including tickets to go see The Nutcracker.  She loved it, and really enjoyed herself at the ballet.  Her bright little face made my day!

Here's the card:



It came out a little dark but I think you can still appreciate it it...    The finished card size is 5x7.  I used two layers (pink, and pastel paisley).  I used the large oval die cut from Spellbinders for the stamped image, and the large Beaded Oval die cut from Spellbinders to place behind the stamped oval.  The image is digital and I used color pencils to color it.  For the custom sentiment I used the Grommet Tags from Spellbinders and sponged the edges with pink chalk ink.

As a final touch I added Buttercup liquid pearls to the beaded oval.

Thanks for stopping by!" 
Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment