Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Think Pink for AJ - Originally posted 9/7/11


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 




"Hello!

Today I'm posting a card I made for Stamp TV's challenge 'Think Pink for AJ".  AJ is one of Stamp TV's designer and was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  Her birthday is coming up so for this challenge, Lee invited us to create a birthday and/or encouragement card for AJ.  The card has to be pink, white, and another color.  The extra (and special) part of the challenge is we can actually mail our cards to her! The minute I read the challenge I knew I wanted to make a card.


I embossed the butterfly background using Versamark ink and then distressing with green and pink.  Since I'm mailing this card, I decided to line the envelope to give it a nicer feel and give it a sense of oneness with the card.  This is actually the first envelope I line!  Anyways, I hope AJ gets showered with support through the cards she receives!

I think cards have a powerful impact.  The act of giving one says 'I'm thinking of you', and when sent at the right moment, they can really lift someone's spirit.  I think that's one of the reasons I like making cards, besides it being a creative outlet.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!


Thanks for stopping by! "

Have a bright day!

Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment