Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Elegant Flower Birthday - Originally Posted 2/16/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

 "Hi, there!  Today I'm posting a card a I made for Cute Card Thursday's Challenge Flower Power.  They ask for a project featuring flowers.  Originally I had in mind something kind of bright and very flowery, but that changed when I got this little note pad for my daughter's teacher.  I liked it so much I decided to make a card/gift bag set based on the note pad, and flowers, of course!  Here's the card:



Here's the card along with the note pad I pulled inspiration from:




And here's the card and gift bag set:




I made the gift bag (more like a box-bag!) with 65 lb cardstock.  It is mainly two 8 .5" x 11" pieces put together after scoring at  1.5" on three sides. I made the handle by securing ribbon with two brads on each side.  It is the first one I make of this kind and I have to say I think I'm getting better with my 'box phobia'!  LOL.  

Hope you enjoyed the project! Thanks for stopping by!" 
Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment