Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Crafty Friend - Originally Published on 9/5/11


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 


"Hello!  I made this card for the Stamp TV Free for all Friday Challenge: Sew Sentimentally Embossed.  The challenge was to make a card with the sentiment as focal point, and include some kind of sewing and embossing.

I liked the idea of having different size squares of different patterned paper, and putting it together with stitching so this is what I came up with:



Since one of the pieces of paper I chose had buttons on it, I thought it would be a nice touch to add buttons to the card.  I ended up using only one, but it is strategically placed! LOL!  I did not want to over-crowd the card. 




The embossing part of the challenge I almost forgot.  I had thought of embossing the sentiment but I had technical difficulties!  I did not have one of those anti-static pouches and I tried the fabric softener sheet as a substitute (I read that somewhere) but it did not work.  So it's plan B for the embossing!  I decided to emboss the oval with little dots, which actually complement the dots on one of the paper patterns I used. 



To make the sentiment stand out I mounted the oval on foam squares.


Thanks for stopping by! "

Have a bright day!

Aixa


No comments:

Post a Comment