Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sew Pretty Mother's Day Card

Hi!  This is my first post of new material since I moved my blog, and I am excited to kind of be back participating on challenges!  Today I'm posting for My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge, Make It Pop!  I have been working on some cards for Mother's Day so this week you may see a few of those!  For this challenge we had to use dimensional foams to make a part of the card pop.  I just love how the card takes on new life when dimension is added!  Here's my card:



I like sewing but it took me a while to find a setting on my machine where I actually liked the stitching. I still have to practice a bit more more I think I've come a long way from my first stitches!  

Below is a view of the card laying flat so you can see the oval 'pop out'! 





List of Materials:

Base: Gina K Designs (GKD) Pure Luxury card stock
Layers: My MInd's Eye Ooh La-La paper, GKD Jelly Bean Green
Stamps: Flower -GKD Great Sayings, Oval trim - GKD Spring Mix; Sentiment- Ditto PS0551 
Pink Rhinestones 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Have a bright day!
Aixa



No comments:

Post a Comment