Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Classic Friendship - Originally Posted 1/28/12

This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one!

"Happy Saturday!  The weekend is here!  Normally I'd be cleaning, but I'm the mood for some card-making.  You could say my mojo is on!  LOL.  The card I'm posting today is for Stamp TV's Friday Challenge.  It calls for a stamped flower image and at least two different shapes (die cuts).

Yesterday I was looking at a great magazine (House of Fifty), and the inspiration I got from it is amazing!  By the way, thanks my friend from work for "hooking me up" with this magazine!  (I don't want to name her without her consent; my job depends on it!  LOL! ) Anyway, if you're looking to give your home a boost, take a look at this magazine.  It's overflowing with great ideas! And of course the card-maker in me could not stand to look at those pictures and not be inspired to make a card!  No specific image I can relate to, but just the feel of a vintage and classic look inspired this card:



I was also inspired by friendship itself.  I was thinking of those 'old' friendships that have lasted the test of time and how much beauty an value there is in those friendships.  Just as we come to appreciate the dent on an old dresser, or the 'personality' of an old piece, we come to appreciate our friends for all they are and treasure their friendship even more... So here's to 'old friendships', or better yet: vintage friendships that only get better with time!  

So back to the card, here's the list of materials:

Paper:
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury White Cardstock
Printed Paper from K&E Company - Best of Brenda Walton Stack
Textured Turquoise Paper form DCWV Brights Cardstock Stack
Stamps:
Flower Stamp form 'Garden Silhouettes' Gina K. Designs Stamp Set 
Sentiment from "Springtime Silhouettes' Gina K. Designs Stamp Set
Ink:
Memento 'Rich Cocoa'
Tim Holts 'Tea Dye' Distress Ink
American Crafts Stamp Markers: (62604 Aqua, 62605 Powder, 62608 Leaf, 62609 Cricket) - I used those to color the flower stamp
Accessories:
Offray 3/8" Ribbon (1017SFS OCNBLU 1H)
2 Recollections Adhesive Pearls
Tools:
Spellbinders Standard Circles (Large)
Spellbinders Lacey Circles
Sponge applicator


Thanks for stopping by! "


Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment