Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Flower Shaker Card - Originally Posted 2/19/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

"Hello!  Today I'm posting a shaker card; my first shaker card, actually!  It was part of Stamp TV's Monday Challenge and it was one of those that I was not sure how to even start!  I had never made a shaker card so I watched Gina's tutorial (linked on the referenced challenge page) to see how it was made.  I love Stamp TV!  It's my favorite place to learn and Gina's products are really top quality.  Love it!

Anywho, here's my little shaker card:



My fingers were fighting the whole time with the foam squares to create the space between the acetate sheet and the background layer but it was worth it!  I did not have an acetate sheet to make the window so I recycled a package from a craft kit my daughter had.  It worked pretty well! For the grass I just cut the pattern out with scissors, very random.  There are dies to do this but I do not have one so I just did it free-hand.  It cannot be seen too clearly on the picture, but the flower's stem is green ribbon and the leaves are paper pieced.  After cutting them out I folded along the center line of the leaf and adhered only on the fold  to add dimension.  

I thought it would be fun to use patterned paper for the sky and the flower; I think it adds some interest and with it being a shaker card it makes it really fun!

Well, hope you enjoyed the visit. 

Thanks for stopping by!"


Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment