Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Feeling the Love! - Originally Posted 1/16/12


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 

"Hello, everyone!  Today I'm posting a card for Stamp TV's Monday's challenge: Make it LOVE-ly.  Since February is around the corner I dove right into the love theme!  I've always liked Valentine's Day, even when I had no one to share it with.  It's not just for couples but for friends and family.  Besides, my birthday is the day before Valentine's Day so I'm in a festive mood anyway!  In case you're wondering: No, I have never been cheated out of a birthday present just because it's so close to Valentine's!  LOL!  People do ask me that, you know...

Ok, here's my card:



After cutting the base card and layers, I punched out a scalloped circle on the top left corner of the patterned paper using a Nestabilities die.  Then I stamped the heart image and cut it out with a larger scalloped die and sponged the edges.  After that I put the layers together, stamped the sentiment, placed the ribbon, and finished by placing the large scalloped circle on the bottom right.  Oh, and I almost forgot, I added a little bling on the center of the stamped image.



After punching out the circle on the patterned paper I decided to use it on the inside of the card for a fun detail (while I don't always do it I think it's fun to decorate the inside too)!

And that's my post for today.  Enjoy the rest of the week!



Thanks for stopping by! "




Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment