Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Home is where the heart is - Originally Posted 9/28/11


This post was transferred from my previous blog.  I had technical difficulties so I could not transfer any comments.  Feel free to post one! 


"Hello, again!  Post #2 today!  Actually, I made this yesterday but was so tired I could not post it!  Anyways, this card also has a 'fall' feeling to it with the color scheme.  It is a CASE card from the wonderful Stamp TV Designer Deb Felts. Here is the card I cased for this challenge:


And here's my card:

I kept the sketch intact, however I changed the colors and the stamps I used.  As far as technique, I paper pieced the house, and on the roof, I kind of replicated the plaid pattern by using the colorless blender marker over the green.  This is a really cool technique being featured at Stamp TV.  

List of Materials:
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury (grass green) - Base
K&E Company Best of Brenda Walton (plaid pattern) - Layer
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury (chocolate brown) - Layer
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury (ivory) - Layer
Ink: Memento dye ink (rich cocoa)
Markers: Bic Mark It fine markers (roof: margarita green; heart: rambunctious red; chimney: tiki hut tan; sun: yellow blaze, summer melon);    Copic colorless blender (roof, heart, sun)
Accent: 3/8"Offray ribbon (kiwi)


Well, I think that's all I've got for today...  Thanks for stopping by!"

Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment