Pages

CJ - Quote

Card Jewels by Aixa M. - Food for thought: "Forever is composed of nows." (Emily Dickinson)

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hello Kitty!

Hi!  Hope you guys had a nice weekend!  I can't complain of mine!  Well, if only it was a little longer... LOL!  Yesterday we went to my little cousin's birthday party and it was a Hello Kitty party, bowling style!  What a great time!  I was surprised to see one cousin I had not seen in ages so it was nice to catch up and spend some time with my family.  My daughter had a blast but today has been a little under the weather; hope tomorrow she feels better...

Anyways, back to the post, I wanted to share the card I made for my little cousin:



Is that cute or what!  (If I may say so myself...)  The stamp is a digital image and I colored it with Copics. Just Friday I went to this awesome local stamping store I recently discovered (yes, I felt like a kid at the candy store! LOL) and it just so happened they had a class for those beginning with Copics!!!  What can I say; I hadn't had dinner yet, but I could not pass this opportunity so I stayed for the class, which was just beginning.  It was nice to get together with other card makers/crafters and get to know the basics.  So I had a lot of fun coloring Kitty and applying my newly learned techniques! 

I stamped the heart on the little jumper (well, I decided to make it a jumper!) and made the polka dots on the sleeves.   I liked the idea of having Kitty kind of pop-out of the card so I made the circles where she lies a bit smaller than her, and then adhered with dimensional foam.  

Not very often I get to make children-themed cards so it was fun to make one!  Hope you enjoyed it!


Have a bright day!
Aixa

No comments:

Post a Comment